Join mending hearts ministry and share your passion. Mending hearts ministry chooses charities to donate finished knit and crochet items.
- every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 1PM TO 3PM in the conference room in the house.
Mending Hearts Ministry chooses different orgainzations to donate their finished knitted and crochetted items. Each item is made with abundant love knowing it will benefit someone.
Some of the charities we've worked with in the past are:
- Halos of hope camp happy times for teens with cancer
- The special olympics yearly scarf project
- Binky patrol-afghans for children and teenagers
- Head hugger- chemo caps
- Purple project (shaken baby survivors)
Wether experienced or a beginner, it is impactful to know you are making an item that will be a blessing to others. Compassion wills most of us to want to help those less fortunate but with limited resources might feel they can not afford to give. Knitting/Crochetting for charities has a huge impact on the lives of others, knowing they recieved a hat, blanket, scarf or afghan made with them in mind. So even the youngest participant can make a difference in someones life.
Supplies are not furnished:
- For beginners interested in Knitting we recommend a # 8, 9 or 10 metal needle and worsted weight yarn in a light color.
- Those interested in Crochet, we recommend a Crocheting hook H, I, or J and worsted weight yarn in a light color.
You may find these supplies at any Micheals Craft stores or Save a Thon, 9 E Fordham Rd
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dilliana Guzman at [email protected]